Thursday, May 5, 2011

Can I have this dance for the rest of my life?

That Anne Murray song Can I have this dance for the rest of my life? was our first dance 21 years ago today when the hubby and I started our life together as a married couple.

The hubby and I have traveled to many
beautiful places over the last 21 years.
One of our favorites is Wyoming where
cattle outnumber people by a large margin 
 - something my farm boy says is
"very appealing." But, our favorite place
is still our Indiana farm.

It was the happiest day of my life. I married my best friend. He has shared his two beautiful children with me. And, we've built our life together on the farm where he grew up. Every morning I look out over the pastures, fields and woods and see God's glorious creation here in the country.

I am truly blessed.

Our life together has been filled with great joy. We started our marriage with my dog and his two children. He learned to live with a "house" dog. I learned to live with kids. We both adapted. I will say his contribution to our marriage has brought more fulfillment and love to my life than words can describe.

All this time later, I'm a farm girl and proud to be one. I've done my share of work with the 4-H pigs and sheep during the kids' 10 years, I've learned to drive tractors, and a double clutch 1950 Ford truck (not an easy task). We have six beautiful grandchildren and looking forward to their 4-H tenure!

No, life hasn't been a fairy tale. It's simply been a gift from God, made fuller, better and consumed with the love of the man I said I do to 21 years ago today.

God is good.




2 comments:

  1. Don't sell yourself too short - Mark got a great woman in the while deal. I am honored to know both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DeeDee I sure will second what you say. For those of us that believe God is everything and everywhere. Hope you have another healthy 21 years

    ReplyDelete